New Smyrna Beach FL is a great place to live and it is also a good place to retire!
- We have a strong small town economy here in Central Florida.
- The average home price is $185,000
- Population of about 23,000 people
- Warm winters
- High number of doctors per capita
- Good ratings for bicycling, walkability
- Average tax climate
- Big outdoor recreation scene with boating, golfing, fishing, paddle boarding, and bicycling
- Low serious crime rate
ABOUT NEW SMYNRA BEACH:
New Smyrna Beach is 50 miles East of Orlando, FL and 89 miles south of Jacksonville, FL. The white sand runs for 13 miles along our coast with driving permitted on portions of the beach. New Smyrna’s beachside is a barrier island with the Atlantic Ocean bordering the East side and the Intra-coastal waterway bordering the West side. The elevation is on average 9 feet. Tides change every 6 hours and average 3 feet.
Year around temperatures in New Smyrna Beach, FL are very mild and pleasant. The average annual temperature is 71 degrees Fahrenheit with highs averaging in the 80’s in the summer and lows averaging in the 60’s in the winter. Afternoon showers are common throughout the summer months.
Find a home in New Smyrna Beach:
To learn more about New Smyrna Beach, check out my other related blog posts: